Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March comes in like a...lamb?

Today is March 9, and I just--JUST--finished my first book of the month. I need to get reading!

The book was Whose Body, the first Lord Peter Wimsey book by Dorothy L. Sayers. I realized about halfway through that I really had read this before, but it was so many years ago it was worth finishing. What does one say about the quintessential murder mystery? At one point I found myself imagining MTV's Celebrity Death Match: Dorothy L. Sayers vs. Agatha Christie. I mean, it really doesn't get much better.

I also read one whole chapter of The Great Gatsby. My goal is to finish it before my birthday. We'll see. It's not one that draws me in--I have tried it before--but I am experiencing English teacher guilt at giving up on a book that everyone else seems to love.

So I will read a second chapter of Gatsby before I begin my next book--at this point, it looks like it will be Shusterman's Unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment