One thing did not change--Barry's ability to transport her readers to Salem. Wow! Above all else, I loved the feeling that I was there. And although I found the book tedious at times, I did enjoy the theme of history repeating itself.
So, the (belated) July summary:
- Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro
- The Good Man Jesus and the Scoudrel Christ by Philip Pullman
- What Was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn
- Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry