Friday, July 16, 2010

More angels among us

I just finished Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, and I have to say that it is the first book in a very long time that I was unable to put down. In fact, I read it from beginning to end in less than 24 hours!

Oh, the book was not perfect; the characterization was weak in places and there certainly could have been more depth to the plot. But Fitzpatrick has certainly mastered the art of holding her readers' attention! Wow!

The other thing I appreciated was the biblical...well, I suppose logic would be the correct word. I'm not suggesting that this was a novel that promoted Christianity, but for once it was a book about angels that did not directly contradict what I know (and believe) as a Catholic. That was refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment