Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Books, One Snowday

I finished another book before I fell asleep last night: The Hollow by Jessica Verday. A note about the book itself: it is 500+ pages with huge margins, a big font, and extra space between lines. I'm sure there was some marketing strategy behind this decision. The fact is, it's not a very long book.

So, the book...it's too bad they didn't wait until the second book was published and put it all together in one volume. Why, you ask? Because what started out as an awesome book just...ended. Abbey is dealing with the death of her best friend, Kristen. There is a mystery surrounding Kristen's death. It remains unsolved. Completely unsolved. Abbey meets a mysterious boy named Caspian. We do get a few answers about who Caspian is--in the last chapter of the book.

"The Hollow" refers to Sleepy Hollow, and Washington Irving's grave, and the stories he wrote, figure prominently into the book.

Instead of being a great book, it is a 500+ page introduction to whatever comes next. I guess I will have to wait for the next book in the series to be published to find the answers I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment