Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Presidents' Day Two-fer

I finished The Lost Symbol, which is predictably Dan Brown-like. I love that he writes research in the context of fiction, but I have to admit that his ideas seem to be getting stranger and stranger. I have nothing really to say about this. It's a Dan Brown book. Ça suffit.

I also finished Murder Takes the Cake by Gayle Trent. It was a finalist in Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award contest. More important, it was free on my Kindle. First, I will say that I read the whole book. It frequently made me laugh out loud--maybe not always on purpose. Then I will say that today, I went online to see if it had ever been published on paper. Like, by a publisher. It has. I'll stop there.

I started a Jospehine Tey mystery by Nicola Upson last night, but I think I'm mysteried out for a while. I'm heading upstairs to being reading Candor by Pam Bachorz. My goal is to finish before I go to school on Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment